The Butler County 911 Scanners were busy early Thursday morning when a 31-year-old male reportedly was igniting a propane-device, and the unit back-flashed onto the man. The male was burned severely on his face and eyes.
As units from East Butler Ambulance and Onieda Valley VFD, it was clear the male had metal shrapnel stuck in his face and eyes. A STAT Medevac helicopter was called on stand-by at Butler Memorial Hospital while station 44 assisted in a transport to the hospital.
It is unknown at this time what exactly happened, or the exact injuries obtained from this accident.